As the refugee crisis worsens, millions of men, women, and children face an uncertain future. But what can you do about it?
So, here are 10 ways you can make a difference in the lives of refugees. Take a look, get involved.
- Campaign for refugees’ right
- Donate or fundraise for refugees
To refugees who’ve lost everything to war, your support makes a massive difference.
- Welcome refugees to your community
- Amplify refugees’ voices
Refugees are rarely out of the headlines. But what do they think about their experiences?
- Get the facts about refugees, do your own research about the crisis. Be informed.
- Donate clothing or goods
- Volunteer with refugees
- Find out about hosting
If you’re considering hosting refugees or asylum seekers in your home, first read this very useful guide to hosting by The Guardian.
- Organisations that can help you offer shelter to a refugee include Refugees at Home, Positive Action in Housing’s Room for Refugees scheme and the NACCOM No Accommodation Network.
- Help resettle refugees
If you’re not from a local authority but think your area could accept resettled refugees, Citizens UK can help you set up a local refugees’ welcome group.
Stay in touch
Thank you for wanting to help refugees.